poly mount...

I thought I had found a polyurethane transmission mount (C-4 tranny) for my 67 coupe one time... Anyone know of someone who makes one? Thanks Mark

Reply to
mark james

You might try Mustangs Plus or Mustangs Unlimited... although I'm not sure why you'd need polyurethane for the tranny...

Reply to
Mustang_66

No, Mustangs plus, nor Mustangs Unlimited has the poly trans mount. I also called Performance Suspension Technology.... no bueno. Why do I need it? It's more of a want I guess, but I want it to be as rigid as possible. The lil' SBF (349 cui) made 538 HP, and 504 lb. ft. of torque. (thanks in part to the paxton blower) I bought some solid motor mounts from Total Control Products, and was impressed with the quality. There's no way for it to seperate/break like a stock rubber mount. (I would recommend them, but the $200 price tag is a bit steep) I have broken transmission mounts before, and polyurethane has proven to be a lot stronger, and more rigid than the stock rubber ones. Thanks anyway. Mark

-- snipped-for-privacy@tisd.net

Reply to
mark james

Look through here:

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet

Cobrajet.. Energysuspension does not have them either. hmmmmmm... gotta build a solid one, or get a stock one I guess. I think the rubber one will have to do. Thanks anyway, Mark

mrQ

Reply to
mark james

I just called Performance Suspension "Components" (different from the Perfromance Suspension "Technology" that you see on the back covers of many car magazines), a local Phoenix company that has been in the biz a long time. They distribute several different brands. The owner says that demand for that part is so low that nobody has put one in production.

And, I can expand on that. Over the years, I have read more than a couple times where connecting the trans via a solid or near solid mount is ill-advised. The problem is the cases become stressed, and are far more likely to develop cracks. The use of solid motor mounts or a motor plate is enough to counter excessive torque. I would advise going to a new standard mount, especially considering the C4 is not one of the strongest cases out there.

CobraJet

Reply to
CobraJet