A memory of my 95 GTS from Nov '02

If some of you recall, my 95 GTS was involved in a car fire from a jeep that was parked beside it last year... If you want to see a quick video clip, it's:

Right-click and "save as". It's only 5 MB download... That was my baby....I miss the GTS more than the GT that I got after it...

Jason

Reply to
RioRedGT

For whatever reason, Windows Media Player wouldn't grab the right codec... so all I could get was the audio.

I remember reading your story though. That sucks, man. I remember when my Cobra was stolen by some young chump around here.

I guess karma is catching up with him though. Last time I saw him walking down the street, he had two friends with him... both were wooden and helped him navigate the streets with a broken leg. Oops.

What are you driving now?

JS

Reply to
JS

I encoded using the latest DivX... You may have to go to

and install their free player, and it installs the codec for you, then WM should be able to recognize it.

Yeah, I took so much good care of that GTS, wash every Friday after work, and every month gave it a wax. I kept that Rio red paint gleaming like it just came out of the factory. Then the DRUNK neighbor decided to park beside my car, probably fell asleep while his foot was on WOT....I remembered hearing a loud buzzing sound from outside but thought nothing of it ...went back to sleep....then something overheated and blew up his jeep.

Every car I've owned, came with its share of bad luck. I had a 92 Cavalier Z24 package (V6 with a 5 speed, gfx)..it was broken into and all my radio gear was stolen.

I'd really hate to say what I drive now...it's not a Ford though... I'm embarrassed to say... but I"ll say it anyhow...

It's a 95 Buick Roadmaster STATION WAGON..... you heard right..... LOL It's the same thing as a Caprice wagon, just a different grill and interior (more luxurious). This bad boy comes with the LT1 engine that used to be in the earlier vettes, Impala, cam-birds & some caddy's. These have their share of aftermarket support as well, not as abundant as the Mustangs, but still fun to mod.

Here are some links to some others that are nicely dressed up...(this is definitely not everyone's type of car)

I bought this thing to ease my insurance & car payments, the believe it or not, the gas mileage is much better than what I was getting with the Stang. I still plan to get a Cobra, hopefully in 2 or 3 years from now after I am done with college. Wish me luck =-)

Reply to
RioRedGT

I'll have to try that... thanks.

That sucks. I don't know what else to say. It's a shame stupid people have to ruin it for those who have more intelligence than the common house fly.

I remember you showing me pics of that car. I like those cars. Had an '88 Z-24 as a winter beater. Great little runner.

At least you have something that you're comfortable with. Sometimes you need some transportation, and I'm sure that the LT1 can make that wagon get out of its own way, which is more than I can say about some of my old Mustangs. Some of the modified ones were pretty cool looking too.

Good luck getting your Cobra. Depending on which Cobra you want, it shouldn't be too hard to get. In a couple years, some low mileage '03's should be relatively cheap if the new bodystyle takes off and they offer bigger and better things. You'll always want that new one though.

JS

Reply to
JS