[Q] Best and Cheapest Shift Light?

Hello again group I was wondering if anyone can help me find the best [and cheapest] shift light available for my 2.3L. I am loosing all the hearing due to a genetic desorder and I will be soon in need of something to warn me when to shift speeds in my car.

Since I won't be able to hear the engine and I don't want to take my eyes off the road I was searching for a shift light at google and found a few brands and models like this one for example

that doesn't need "additional wiring", are those type of shift lights accurate? Thank you very much for your time and help.

Reply to
Pepito

I would say that lights like these are relatively accurate. However, while you have no additional wiring, you will also have what looks like a very temporary light solution. The box will have to sit somewhere, and there will always be something plugged into your cigarette lighter. I suppose you could connect it to the vehicle wiring, but then you will be into as much work as you would any normal shift light. Auto-Meter sells a shift-light-only, available at Summit Racing

among other places. I am unsure of the price and mount style.

I'm in no way knocking your condition at all, as it is quite serious, but it is also very possible to shift by feel. Those with very loud stereo systems probably have never heard their car's engine. I mention it only as an option for if you don't wish to install extras into your car or spend the money for a light.

Just some food for thought,

JS

Reply to
JS

Two words, "Raptor Performance"

WraithCobra

Thank you JS and WraithCobra I will take a look at the sites. Thanks again.

Reply to
Pepito