[Q] Mustang LX Headlights/Fog Lamps Switch

Does anybody know where to buy this type of switch. I have searched eBay a few times with no luck.

I would like to add fog lamps to my car, is it possible to do it using the factory wiring?

Thank you very much.

Nos

Reply to
Nos

at 23 Jun 2004, Nos [ snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com] wrote in news:2004062320132716807%josephamadeusNSPAM@mindspringcom:

What year is your Mustang? the 1994 and 1995 models are max wired, meaning that all the wiring harnesses are present, including one for the convertible top in a coupe. Installing foglights in those is a piece of cake. Get the factory switch, either at your Ford dealer, junkyard or on eBay, a set of foglights and a relay. Install and you are done...

See my website (in signature) for a how-to on this...

Reply to
Paul

Yes, and I bought my GT switch at the Ford dealer. It was about $20.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Mine is an 88 LX Convertible, right now it has a Headlights/Blank switch. I would like to know if it is possible to turn on the fog lamps using the factory wiring harness if I got a Headlights/Fog Lamps switch...

Reply to
Nos

all your wires are there if its a 87-93. You can get the switch from ford or Texas mustang. $40ish.

Reply to
Hooked

I answered you, yes, get the double GT switch from a dealer for $20-$30. All the wires are there.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Thanks Wind, do you have any idea where to locate the factory wiring for the fog lamps? I have taken a look near the headlights and all I see is the headlighs and flashers wiring, no signs of fog lamps wires near the front of the car. Thanks again.

Reply to
Nos

Thanks hooked, all I need to know is the location of the factory wires for the fog lamps near the front end of the car.

Reply to
Nos

They are down where the foglights would be if it were a GT, the plug for the second switch is in the dash close to the regular headlight switch. You need to look into the foglight mod that uses a relay and power directly from the battery to power the foglights rather than pulling the power through the headlight switch as it is stock. It tends to burn out the headlight switch. It's a cheap and easy mod and I think Tim has the link to the procedure.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]