P38A Fog Lamps

Is it possible does anyone know, to fit the land rover/hella brand fog lamps to the Range Rover 2.5 DT of 1996 vintage fitted with the BMW engine.

Dealers we have ebnquired of say not due to fouling the oil cooler which sits near to the fog lamp mounting on the nearside.

If it is possible - is wiring already there somewhere, and is there spare wiring at the switch end and which switch do I need?

Any help please - pretty please - pretty please with knobs on???

Thanks

David

Reply to
David J. Button

Officially if its an auto then no they can't be fitted. I don't think the wiring was there but there used to be an accessory fit wiring kit available. The only other problem would be if you wanted to wire in through the BECM. Early BECM's didn't always have the option of controlling fogs, not that you couldn't wire in lamps just using a separate relay.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Dickinson