Questions in regards to Engine

I'm starting to put together an engine setup for my car. I will be running it NASA American Iron class during the 2005 season. The only engine limit is hp to weight (9.5:1) which means about 375 - 400 hp at the fly wheel max. with my cars weight. My question is in regards to fuel injector and throttle body sizes to use. I'll have a D.S.S. Pro Bullet 306 short block, AFR165 heads, Lunati 51014 cam, Trick Flow Street Heat intake. I was leaning towards an Accufab 65mm TB and 24# injectors or would some other combination be better. Last what size fuel pump would be recommended with this setup. Any input would be appreciaited.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon

For the parts you have listed I'm not sure you hit the 400hp mark or not, I think you'd be closer to 350hp. I read somewhere that the AFR185s don't give up anything on the bottom end but do run out better up top compared to the AFR165s so if you don't have them all ready you may want to consider bumping up since you are going to be racing. I'd say the 65mm would give better throttle response with out giving up the bottom end to bad. As for fuel pump I'd go with the 255 its only a couple bucks more than a 190. For you 400 hp goal the 24s are on the small side. 30s are good for 400hp at the stock 39 psi.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Thanks, I already have a set of AFR 165 and TF street heat intake at this time. The cam was suggested to me by several people that are actually racing in this group.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon