Re: 66 Mustang-Polyurethane bushings

I replaced my leaf sprinngs,coil springs,shackles and sway bar.The car

> squeaks terribly! I was advised to replace all the polyurethane bushings > (which they are) with rubber ones.Is there an easier fix like a spray or? > Thanx KenG > >

There is no spray that will penetrate well enough to do the job. You need to use silicone or teflon grease only. Nothing else will work. You have to disassemble everything, clean off whatever lube you uses, and then apply the correct grease to any surface where poly meets metal. It's a lot of work, but that's really all you can do.

Reply to
.boB

keng2

Surprised that you wouldn't have researched this a little before you committed to the upgrade bushings..... the poly bushings reduce flex in the system.... properly installed, they add predictability to suspension movement during hard manoeuvers. Also, by a very small margin, they help add stiffness to the whole package....

When assembled correctly, these bushings will be quiet but they will likely require occaisional disassembly and relubricating.

Jim Warman

I've seen midolyne pushings advertised also. Are these prone to squeaking? What benefits do they offer? Maybe good old rubber is best if you've got a daily driver.

Chris

".boB" wrote:

Reply to
ChrisR

The midolyne bushings are supposed to somewhere between poly and rubber, and they are supposed to be permanently lubed. Graphite impregnated, I think. But I've never used them, so I can't say for sure. For my daily driver, I used stock rubber bushings for everything except the sway bar. I feel that's a nice compromise.

Reply to
.boB