Squeaking Drivers Side Window

Why does the drivers side window squeak on the window moulding when I raise and lower the window? I also have a problem with the drivers side window freezing shut during the winter in the morning when the car is still cold. Is there anything that can be done to minimize this problem? Thanks...

Reply to
willie

Check recent posts in this forum for some similar posts on this matter.

In my case my old '93 would do this.. it seemed directly related to rain and the wet months. My guess is that enough water slipped past the outside rubber seal (on the bottom part of the window) and washed away lubricant from the tracks.

I'm not sure what is the proper lubricant for the windows tracks (grease, etc.) but removing the door panel is necessary to replace it.

As far as the window freezing, I suppose water is adhering to the trim surfaces. Maybe you can treat them with some kind of water-repelling sealant for rubber. Sorry I have no better information.

Pat

snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca (willie) wrote:

Reply to
Pat

Reply to
Jon Smith

Before loading up the channels with silicone spray, clean out all the gunk first. Put some alcohol on a rag, place it on the tip of screwdriver, and run it up and down the side window channels. You'll be amazed at how much black crud comes out. Then spray the channel with silicone or, better yet, teflon spray. Afterwards, I bet your windows work as smoothly and quietly as when they were new. There's usually no need to do any internal components. The squeeking noise is usually caused by dirt and grit in the side channels grinding against the glass.

Reply to
Dan