noisy rubber bushings

I have a 2002 Tacoma and all or at least most of my rubber suspension bushings and any other rubber bushings make quite a bit of noise, what can I do, (except switching everything to nylon), to stop them from making noise? I usually spray them with PB Blaster and it works for the time but it only lasts a few days. Also, since the last time I had it off-road there has been some clicking sounds coming from underneath the truck, they seem to be random and from more than one spot. What is it and how do I stop it? Thanks a whole bunch in advance.

Reply to
321zyx

You would want to use a silicone type spray or grease instead of a petroleum based lube on the rubber bushings. The oil-based lube can start to degrade the rubber over time. Silicone grease works quite well, but you need to disassemble the parts and get the grease in on the moving parts. An alternative is a dry graphite powder. I actually mix up some silicone grease and graphite powder to make my own bushing lube. The grease is sticky and helps hold the graphite in place then even if the grease dries up and wears off, a film of graphite is left behind.

Reply to
Roger Brown

hey Roger, give triflow or some other teflon lubricant a shot. Teflon molecules are relatively large and must be chilled to compress them into the can. Backwards from water I know, but this is how it was explained to me. I first started using it on by bike chain, like all my friends. As you spray it on it expands and foams and the dirt runs out like a river. whats left behind is a very fine and incredibly smooth lubricant.

The only real problem is that it costs 2 to 3 times what silicone does. But silicone doesn't seem to displace dirt, it seems to cover it. spray on, I repeat, spray on teflon lubes displace way more dirt than you thought was even there

Reply to
?reality