Re: alternator this time...

I could tell you...... but then again maybe I wont. I wouldn't want to risk having you "misread" my advice...... 'Most" replacement alternators in my area come sans any pulley at all..... in this way, they can stretch one part number over several applications.

Good luck, young fellow...... sounds like you're going to need it.

Just one 60 mile trip, that's all I ask... > > No such luck. The alternator went out when I got there, and road > assistance gave me a jumpstart. The horn was practically gone so I > knew I had to get the battery charged and use it to fire the plugs on > the way back. I don't have credit cards and dough, so I take it a day > at a time. > > Question is: If the parts store doesn't have the serpentine belt-sized > pully on the replacement alternator, will it be easy enough to replace > it with the one that's on the bad alternator? > > voice from the past
Reply to
Jim Warman

If If If.......If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Why don't you go to the auto parts store and look at the part. If it has the pulley bolt it on. If it doesn't get a competent auto shop to swap it on. Most places I deal with have the proper application pulley on them as it makes the core swap easier. and BTW is it the alternator or the voltage regulator? StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Come again?

Is this a jab about my missing the answer to my post a while back? If that being the case, I missed the post somehow, and yet responded. I think I accidentally read one of his posts and then clicked a newer one without having read it and responded. Accidents happen, but they don't make a menace out of you.

'Most" replacement alternators in my

I'm 50.

sounds like you're going to need it.

How so?

Are the pulleys that hard to replace? I think not.

voice from the past

Reply to
voice from the past

I can't speak for other parts stores, but I know where I work (AutoZone) every alternator comes with a pulley on it, and the one the application calls for will be on the alternator, unless your application has been changed if so, its not hard to swap the pulleys... But a word of advice, make sure you buy the lifetime alternator, because when they say 1 year warranty that means it will work for about 12 months and two days :) lol

--stang_racin

PS -- you can check the pricing at autozone.com, just follow the instructions

Reply to
Doug Turner

A while back ? yeah, 2 days ago..

No, what makes you a menace is your crap attitude and the fact that no matter WHAT you misread, you immediately started being a smart ass about the stuff you DIDN'T understand, or mis-read.

Your replies to this and other posts are NO accident. You are RUDE and ignorant.

Reply to
Chief Wiggum