Re: Police interceptor fact or fiction?

Not real in anyway I know of. More likely that they bought them emblems online and put them on themselves.

Don Manning

Saw a beautify Black mustang today, looked like a 2000. Solid black, looked > like it just drove off the showroom floor. It had GT emblems and above all > the gt emblems (one on the rear and the ones on the fenders) was a chrome > and black rectangle that said police interceptor. Is this for real? Never > saw one but looked like it came that way. Wish I had a pic. > > Doglips > >
Reply to
2.3Sleeper

I belive it was a 100 anniv. badge

Reply to
Mstngcnv96

Not that is a possibility.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

They put those "police Interceptor" badges on some of the Crown Vic police packages. There is no Police Package stang anymore so someone must have gotten one for a CV and put it on.

----------------- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable.

Reply to
AZGuy

I saw one on a Black Expedition at Wal Mart. It had the badges on the sides and on the gate. Just looked like an Expedition to me, though.

Reply to
paul-1993

There are Mustang interceptors. not many, but some states are ordering them. There are also Expedition interceptors. i work for the gov and they order them from ford with the interceptor package.

Reply to
Jarrod

Sorry folks, Ford does not offer an "Interceptor" package on any of it's lines..........What was seen was an aftermarket emblem only.......................Ford does however offer a "law enforcement" package, but most of that has to do with a heavier duty cooling package, electrical system upgrades, and the removal of the top speed governor only...............................

Bill S.

Jarrod wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

There are a number of crown vics about with a plastic "police interceptor" badge of some sort on the back. Someone probably just relocated one of these to a mustang.

Reply to
Brent P

Ford began placing a 'Police Interceptor' badge on the LH side of the trunk on the vehicles sold to law enforcement agencies around '00 or '01. In addition to what Bill mentioned, the police package consists of HD suspension, brakes, oil and trans coolers. The AOD trans selector will have P R N OD D 2 configuration. The trans can't be locked in 1st gear. The badges can be purchased on the internet. Just search for police vehicle.

Reply to
Fred Brown

Fred,

The badges are aftermarket items not directly related to Ford, but the internal (outside vendor) who does the actual police package conversions..

Bill S.

Fred Brown wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

Ford offers a "Police Interceptor" croen vic for law enforcement. This is a an enhanced fleet platform package and they all come with the Police Interceptor badge on the rear decklid, unless the department takes them off when they put the decals on and such. You can buy those badges aftermarket as well. I have one on the back of my '89 GT. I just think it looks cool and keeps people guessing.... It also keeps the cops off my back for some reason, I noticed.

Reply to
Frank

HHHHHHHHHHHHmmmmmmmmmmmmm, going to have to look at the paperwork again to see.............

Bill S.

Gagan (mwarrior) wrote:

Reply to
Bill S.

----------------- Jim '88 LX 5.0 (now in car heaven) '89 LX 5.0 vert '99 GT 35th Anniversery Edition - Silver Mods to date - Relocated trunk release to drivers side, shortened throttle cable.

Reply to
AZGuy

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 00:34:50 -0500, "Mike" wrote something wonderfully witty:

A couple in the Va State Police as well. Along with Chevy Impala's, Crown Vics, and Ford SUV's. The SUV's are usually K-9 vehicles.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Actually, the badge says "Police Interceptee."

:)

Reply to
Scott in Aztlan

Reply to
Jarrod

The Alabama Highway patrol used to run a Yenko Camaro 427 as a high-speed chase car back in the late '60's. I saw it in the Huntsville/Florence area fairly often when I was stationed at Redstone Al. The cop who drove it told me he had been over 170mph a couple of times on interstate chases. It was really cool with the Yenko badges, the Cam-Am ground effects, and that big ol' bubble gum machine setting on the roof! Our local city police department (I'm ashamed to mention the name of the town, but it's in middle Tennessee) was running Ramblers about that time! They could hit close to 80 on a downhill run with a strong tailwind!

Reply to
Mike

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 05:27:07 -0500, "Mike" wrote something wonderfully witty:

I lived on the border of Florida & Alabama for about eight years. There is actually a town called Florala. Anyhow I digress. It appeared that cops in Alabama, if I remember correctly, drove just about any damn thing they wanted. I think they might have got a monthly car allowance and actually drove their own vehicles. A lot of postmen on rural routes do as well. That I know as a fact.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 12:09:20 GMT, ZombyWoof wrote something wonderfully witty:

ZombyWoof

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 15:14:05 -0600, "Jarrod" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Or the actual badge

ZombyWoof