Re: Clutch pedal problem

I believe the washer thing may be the C-clip which secures the cable to the tang? on the bellhousing (where the cable passes through) This would cause the inconsistant clutch operation you describe. Next time the car is up, try pulling on the cable insulation (toward the front of the car) If the insulation (the black part) pulls free of the bellhousing, this is probably the problem.

Caplanh

The "insulation" (I'm assuming you mean the black rubber thing surrounding the cable) is non-existant now. I see only a small piece of it... enough to tell what it was (added w/ some talk on this NG). How would I fix this?

-Mike

Reply to
<memset