Re: help 69 FMX auto not shifting

where is the vacuum pump on a 69 mustang 351W? ive never had to deal with it yet. the vacuum hoses for the brakes and tranny come out the back end of the intake manifold. there is one hose i dont know whats for that comes out of the passenger side of engine bay and is i believe connected to what looks like a can of peaches in the fender. ill check my manualls too.

thanks,

> > >when doing runs for 1/4 times my tranny would not shift into 3rd under > >full throttle. from what i understand vacuum causes the tranny to > >shift. what kind of problems could be causing this. im planning to > >have a shop swap in a rebuilt C4 that I have, but am wondering what it > >might cost to fix the FMX or if its worth fixing. ive heard that if > >you have to open the case for anything you might as well rebuild it. > > > >any info or opinions would be appreciated. > > > >thanks, > > > Um.. did you check the vacuum pump and any of the hoses running from > it? > > I had a pump go out on a truck and the shifting, ac, brakes and a few > other things were affected by it.. took less than 45 minutes to change > out the pump and everything ran fine after that. > > JC
Reply to
Jack Napier

Diesel truck, right?

Gas engines are their own vacuum pump.