Re: I'm sorry but an LX is not a real Mustang

*sniff, sniff*

I smell.... troll....

Reply to
RayS

"I'm sorry but an LX is not a real Mustang."

RayS replied:

Mmmm... may be so. But go into a Chev or Pontiac dealer and ask where the CamaBirds are.

Seems GM neglected THEIR "LX's" which is where the revenue came from to support the muscle versions.

NO 4 or 6 cyl LX, no Cobra.. or even GT.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Hmm..

Didn't Ford stop making LX's in 93 anyway ???

And back then, wasn't there a 5.0 LX ??

Reply to
chief_wiggum

Yes, and yes. And I would venture to say that the 5.0 LX, especially in sedan form, was tremendously under-rated, due in large part to the fact that some folks simply didn't know they existed. I own one, and have had people tell me, while looking at it, that a 5.0 LX was never made. Hilarious.

Reply to
RayS

'scuse me... but I was "reading intent"... and I figgered he was talking about the base model.

Whether 2.3 or 3.8 "Secretary" versions.

And my point was that, as GM emphasized the Muscle version... esp that hideous Trans Am "Smoke 'n' Fire" commercial... their sales dropped.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Theoretically, the 5.0 LX was quicker than the GT because it was lighter. The LX didn't have all the body ground effects crap the GT had. Mechanically, they were the same.

"RayS" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Reply to
Joe