Re: OT Urgent Alert

Your references to PETA remind me of a billboard.... while it was a picture viewed on the internet, it is ascribed to being located in the great (dare I say) white north and it would be a Canadian redneck statement ... IIRC, there was a picture of a moose with the caption "There's plenty of room for Gods creatures.... right beside the mashed potatoes...".

Mmmm, I hungry again.... am I allowed to eat curry or italian sausage without appearing politically incorrect?

FWIW.... a friend (aboriginal friend) showed up at my houe the other day wearing work boots rather than his usual wraps (something like a mocassin but with high tops and laces). I near bust a gut laughing at his discomfort.... We are friends (he must be, he has a key to my house) and we stereotype the piss out of each other.... Some may find this behaviour offensive.... these are the people that think different folks are "different".

I am extremely comfortable with my outlook on equality.... feeling the need to "act" politically correct is miles away from treating people like people.

Reply to
Jim Warman

"Joe" wrote in message news:jCbNe.15595$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews6.bellsouth.net... : Spike wrote in : news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com: : : > In these times of Political Correctness... so many are so afraid of : > offending that they lose their humor. The same humor which really : > has helped many people survive some of the most trying times of : > their lives. : : I'm an equal opportunity offender and I'm still trucking along here... : : > If we can not laugh at ourselves, then who can we laugh at? : : WF for not changing his oil? Couldn't resist... ;) (there's the : smiley, Kate!) :

good dog ;¬Þ

: > And in : > my case, I am Irish, Scottish, English, German, Dutch, Italian, : > Oneida, Cherokee, Anglican, Protestant, LDS, Methodist, Catholic, : > and Lord knows what else. Among my mixed bag of friends, blacks tell : > the best black jokes, Catholics tell the best Catholic jokes, Poles : > tell the best Pollack jokes, etc. : >

: > To follow your lead, since animal jokes bother members of PETA (and : > I don't mean People for the Eating of Tasty Animals) elephant jokes : > are not allowed. : : Read in today's paper about some guy who wants to bring lions, tigers, : and elephants to the midwestern plains. No joke. So maybe after a : while McDonalds will start sell McElephant burgers. : : > Many years ago a night club entertainer got a TV show where he : > portrayed a bumbling Mexican hotel bellhop. His name was Bill Dana : > and his character was Jose Jimenez. He was a Mexican. Many Mexicans : > loved his show. But a lot of do gooders raised hell because he was : > making fun of Mexicans. He quit the show and television in protest. : : That guy was funnier than shit! "Me name Jose Jimenez..." LOL! : : > Redd Foxx had similar problems with Sanford and Son. It was not the : > black general audience who raised a stink. It was the more radical : > elements, and a larger group of white people. : : Another fabulous guy. Just too funny! : : > Bill Cosby, who had : > one of the best family shows faced similar problems. Not from blacks : > so much as from whites who were trying so hard to prove they were : > not prejudice. : : Cosby was one of the funniest guys on tv. All In The Family was : another great one. Too bad the PC crowd won those battles... : : The granddad of 'em all was Amos & Andy. Can you imagine if that : stuff were on today? LOL! : : > It's much the same as when, in the interests of eradicating : > discrimination for minorities, whites are discriminated against. : > Whites, few of whom ever thought of owning a slave. Many of those : > whose ancestors did not immigrate to the US until long after slavery : > had been abolished. How can we say discrimination is wrong if we : > discriminate to prove it? : >

: > How can we say ethnic humor is wrong when the best ethnic humor : > originates within those very groups? : : Most of us laugh at ethnic jokes in private, but don't dare do so in : public, especially in mixed ethnic company. The point is simply that : ethnic jokes are indeed funny, regardless of what the PC crowd says. : : > So. Tell me... when will humor be officially outlawed? When will the : > Thought Police show up at my door? : : They've already invaded our homes through the media. Screw 'em all. : : : > On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 00:50:37 GMT, "Jim Warman" : > wrote: : >

: >>To each his own.... What I find abhorrant are those that preach : >>equality yet fail to live it. OTOH, I reserve the right to use : >>ethnicity in amusing ways if I so choose... all the while treating : >>all people fair and equal. : >>

: >>Many years ago, when we were wild and adventurous, a dear old friend : >>would phone from Red Earth Creek to tell me he was coming to Slave : >>Lake.... "You can drink until you go Indian and I'll drink until I : >>go white", he would tell me.... : >>

: >>FWIW, I find those having problems with these sorts of amusements : >>have concerns with their equality.... they either wind up being : >>condescending in it's application, so overly concerned with : >>appearances that relationships are stilted or have a downright : >>slanted vision of their own version of equality that they can't see : >>how it affects interaction. : >>

: >>If my Lebanese friends and I can't joke back and forth, we can't be : >>very good friends.... If my Japanese friends and I can't joke back : >>and forth..... the same holds true for my many aboriginal friends as : >>well as friends with many other backgrounds... ethnic, racial, : >>religious.... : >>

: >>Do I bend over backwards to recognize their minority? No.... I : >>embrace them as Canadians.... un-hyphenated Canadians. : >>

: >>

: >

: > Spike : > 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok : > Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 : > 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial : > 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video. : >

: > Gad what fools these morons be.... : > Children are obscene but should not be heard : > Give me a peperoni pizza... or give me a calzone! :

Reply to
SVTKate

Canada gots rednecks? What the Huh???!!!!!

IIRC, : there was a picture of a moose with the caption "There's plenty of room for : Gods creatures.... right beside the mashed potatoes...".

: : Mmmm, I hungry again.... am I allowed to eat curry or italian sausage : without appearing politically incorrect?

That depends on HOW you carry it. No gyration of the hips, no lewd movements or waggling it around.

: : FWIW.... a friend (aboriginal friend) showed up at my houe the other day : wearing work boots rather than his usual wraps (something like a mocassin : but with high tops and laces). I near bust a gut laughing at his : discomfort.... We are friends (he must be, he has a key to my house) and we : stereotype the piss out of each other.... Some may find this behaviour : offensive.... these are the people that think different folks are : "different".

Canada gots aboriginees???? It's too early for all this.

: : I am extremely comfortable with my outlook on equality.... feeling the need : to "act" politically correct is miles away from treating people like people. :

Ya nailed that one Jim Now put that moose sausage on the grill, pull up a chair and have a cold one

Reply to
SVTKate

"SVTKate" wrote in news:pMiNe.9943 $ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Woof. Now where's my treat?

Catholic,

Mexicans

protest.

radical

treating

Reply to
Joe

: > good dog ;¬Þ : : Woof. Now where's my treat? :

You'll have to come-n-get it. Call first so we can warm up the BBQ

Reply to
SVTKate

The heck with all the political BS implications this thread has taken....... what I really want to know is just where a guy can go to *become* a Kobe beef!

Spike says

"it's raised in the home. Every day it is fed gallons of beer and the whole family pitches in to massage it."

Last sentence snipped because I could see that train wreck happening from miles away :-)

OBMustang topic: Got to rent my first 05 "Ho Red" V6 Stang 2 weeks ago in Orlando and thoroughly put it through it's paces. Let's just say that I only drove 93 miles and it burned over a half a tank of gas! Liked it better with the traction control button in the "off" position.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Warren

How can you tell when an Indian's reeeeally drunk? When he beats his pickup with a shovel and runs his wife into a bridge abutment.

Probably an oldie, but it's still evilly funny.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

"SVTKate" wrote in news:lPjNe.9972 $ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Good deal. Where's the nearest package goods store?

Reply to
Joe

: >: > good dog ;¬Þ : >: : >: Woof. Now where's my treat? : >: : >

: > You'll have to come-n-get it. Call first so we can warm up the BBQ : : Good deal. Where's the nearest package goods store?

"Package goods" store? what's that?

Reply to
SVTKate

"SVTKate" wrote in news:ejrNe.6730 $ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

(there's

Liquor.

Reply to
Joe

First you become a Buddhist... then you die. While you are dead, you put you name into the lottery to come back as a steer (calf) in Kobe, Japan. Unfortunately the openings are limited in the lottery and it may take many tries before your number comes up. meanwhile, you may come back in any number of disgusting forms. Another drawback is that the steer does not get to choose the beer. And the life span is quite short before going back to the other side and waiting to see what you'll come back as the next time.

A bit of advice. Start beach combing and look for a special stoppered bottle containing a blond sexy genie who can provide you with as much of the beer of your choice, prevent you from gaining weight, bring in a masseuse team whenever you want, and grant you a very long life.

If you f>

[...]

Ya have to explain that one to her. She moved to the south and now buys her booze from a guy with a low sitting car in the parking lot of the ice cream stand..... LOL

Pappy's corn squeez>"SVTKate" wrote in news:ejrNe.6730

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

Gad what fools these morons be.... Children are obscene but should not be heard Give me a peperoni pizza... or give me a calzone!

Reply to
Spike

"SVTKate" wrote in news:V8vNe.8973 $ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Way too far. And I'm too spoiled to deal with moonshine. I need a nice, smooth blend like Dewars or siimilar. Please accept my apologies.

;)

Reply to
Joe

Spike wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Oh yeah. Been there, done that... ;)

Reply to
Joe

: > "Joe" wrote : >: > "Package goods" store? : >: > what's that? : >: : >: Liquor. : >

: > Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh! : > Umm... : >

: > Beer about 15 miles away. : >

: > Hard liquor, all the way in Jackson : >

: > Moonshine... : > let me check the cupboard. : : Way too far. And I'm too spoiled to deal with moonshine. I need a : nice, smooth blend like Dewars or siimilar. Please accept my : apologies. :

You just missed to boat! You have never sipped ANYTHING as smmoth as this shine when it is ice cold. Like drinking ice cold water... until the earth tilts a few minutes later.

Yup, you missed out on the whole dang cruise m'friend.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

You compltetely missed the middlin part...

Pappy's gorn squeezin' mighty moighty pleasin Whoooooo! White lightnin!

So much better than that nasty old scotch. I hate scotch..

Reply to
SVTKate

: > Pappy's corn squeezin'....... white lightnin' : 0 ) : : Oh yeah. Been there, done that... ;) :

We sit there at the dairy queen and lie about our cars too....

Reply to
SVTKate

You gotta problem with mah gandpa's booze boy???

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Nary a one. Got my first taste when I was about 12 and my next door neighbors kid offered us all root beer form the vats his dad had in the basement. Guess a six year old doesn't think of beer when he hears that word. He automatically attaches the word root.

In Florida where I went to HS, a couple of the kids who drove came in sitting low, and went home sitting high. Spike