Re: OT Urgent Alert

Here in Canada, we give 'em a pail of red sauce when they deplane and they open pizza joints..... Strangely enough, I haven't seen any pizzas featuring sheep-eyes as a topping.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Aha!..... It's NOT the space aliens responsible for those cattle mutilations!!!! The eyes, lips, tongues, and..... those other parts go to aliens in Canada who have pizza joints!!! You probably don't see them because they are save for the "special" customers who eat in the back room.

Does Canada have that many sheep? Cattle, sure. Moose, uh huh. Elk, yep. Fish, absolutely. But sheep? Somehow, it doesn't seem to fit. Now, New Zealand.... : )

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

Gad shat fools these morons be....

Reply to
Spike

No where near as many sheep as cows, but we do have them.... I remember one ethnic butcher shop in Edmonton that received 8 or 10 live sheep per week. I am unsure if the meat was ever inspect by the government.

My own tastes are moose, especially if it's been harvested in an area with very few willow trees with beef and buffalo tied in second place. Deer and elk have good flavour but the meats a bit stringy... elk for sausage and deer makes great burgers if you add some ground pork..... Mmmmmm, now I hungry

Reply to
Jim Warman

There's a ranch not far from here sells beefalo = cross between... quite good and lean.

What I miss is called Kobe beef. A farmer takes a steer and it's raised >No where near as many sheep as cows, but we do have them.... I remember one

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

Gad what fools these morons be.... Children are obscene but should not be heard Give me a peperoni pizza... or give me a calzone!

Reply to
Spike

Reply to
cprice

Oh for Chrissake. You have GOT to be kidding.

Reply to
SVTKate

Where the hell did THAT come from?

: : Jim Warman wrote: : : > No where near as many sheep as cows, but we do have them.... I remember one : > ethnic butcher shop in Edmonton that received 8 or 10 live sheep per week. I : > am unsure if the meat was ever inspect by the government. : >

: > My own tastes are moose, especially if it's been harvested in an area with : > very few willow trees with beef and buffalo tied in second place. Deer and : > elk have good flavour but the meats a bit stringy... elk for sausage and : > deer makes great burgers if you add some ground pork..... Mmmmmm, now I : > hungry : >

: >

:
Reply to
SVTKate

To each his own.... What I find abhorrant are those that preach equality yet fail to live it. OTOH, I reserve the right to use ethnicity in amusing ways if I so choose... all the while treating all people fair and equal.

Many years ago, when we were wild and adventurous, a dear old friend would phone from Red Earth Creek to tell me he was coming to Slave Lake.... "You can drink until you go Indian and I'll drink until I go white", he would tell me....

FWIW, I find those having problems with these sorts of amusements have concerns with their equality.... they either wind up being condescending in it's application, so overly concerned with appearances that relationships are stilted or have a downright slanted vision of their own version of equality that they can't see how it affects interaction.

If my Lebanese friends and I can't joke back and forth, we can't be very good friends.... If my Japanese friends and I can't joke back and forth..... the same holds true for my many aboriginal friends as well as friends with many other backgrounds... ethnic, racial, religious....

Do I bend over backwards to recognize their minority? No.... I embrace them as Canadians.... un-hyphenated Canadians.

Reply to
Jim Warman

In these times of Political Correctness... so many are so afraid of offending that they lose their humor. The same humor which really has helped many people survive some of the most trying times of their lives.

If we can not laugh at ourselves, then who can we laugh at? And in my case, I am Irish, Scottish, English, German, Dutch, Italian, Oneida, Cherokee, Anglican, Protestant, LDS, Methodist, Catholic, and Lord knows what else. Among my mixed bag of friends, blacks tell the best black jokes, Catholics tell the best Catholic jokes, Poles tell the best Pollack jokes, etc.

To follow your lead, since animal jokes bother members of PETA (and I don't mean People for the Eating of Tasty Animals) elephant jokes are not allowed.

Many years ago a night club entertainer got a TV show where he portrayed a bumbling Mexican hotel bellhop. His name was Bill Dana and his character was Jose Jimenez. He was a Mexican. Many Mexicans loved his show. But a lot of do gooders raised hell because he was making fun of Mexicans. He quit the show and television in protest. Redd Foxx had similar problems with Sanford and Son. It was not the black general audience who raised a stink. It was the more radical elements, and a larger group of white people. Bill Cosby, who had one of the best family shows faced similar problems. Not from blacks so much as from whites who were trying so hard to prove they were not prejudice.

It's much the same as when, in the interests of eradicating discrimination for minorities, whites are discriminated against. Whites, few of whom ever thought of owning a slave. Many of those whose ancestors did not immigrate to the US until long after slavery had been abolished. How can we say discrimination is wrong if we discriminate to prove it?

How can we say ethnic humor is wrong when the best ethnic humor originates within those very groups?

So. Tell me... when will humor be officially outlawed? When will the Thought Police show up at my door?

[...]

Probably sooner that you think. Patriot Act III?

Richard

Reply to
Richard

I thought you smacktards were supposed to be talking about Mustangs. Has Jim ever even owned a Mustang?

Spike wrote:

Reply to
cprice

Definitely a foul ball

: On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 00:36:13 GMT, "SVTKate" : wrote: : : >

: >Where the hell did THAT come from? : >

: >

:
Reply to
SVTKate

Who made YOU the conversation Nazi? If you don't like it, press the pretty little EJECT button and be on your way to someplace that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.

Reply to
SVTKate

[...]

Spike wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I'm an equal opportunity offender and I'm still trucking along here...

WF for not changing his oil? Couldn't resist... ;) (there's the smiley, Kate!)

Read in today's paper about some guy who wants to bring lions, tigers, and elephants to the midwestern plains. No joke. So maybe after a while McDonalds will start sell McElephant burgers.

That guy was funnier than shit! "Me name Jose Jimenez..." LOL!

Another fabulous guy. Just too funny!

Cosby was one of the funniest guys on tv. All In The Family was another great one. Too bad the PC crowd won those battles...

The granddad of 'em all was Amos & Andy. Can you imagine if that stuff were on today? LOL!

Most of us laugh at ethnic jokes in private, but don't dare do so in public, especially in mixed ethnic company. The point is simply that ethnic jokes are indeed funny, regardless of what the PC crowd says.

They've already invaded our homes through the media. Screw 'em all.

Reply to
Joe

Some time ago PETA said they were going after sport fishermen for inflicting pain on the fish by using hooks. If McD's starts selling elephant burgers, I can hear PETA screaming!!!! Of course these are the people who don't want you to wear fur, but they will wear leather shoes and belts and carry leather purses and wallets.

Lord! Somebody else remembers him!!!! LOL

Amos & And were standard fare when i was a kid. Dad would tune them in one his ham equipment and we'd laugh through dinner.

But, hey, Benny Hill and Monty Python still crack me up.

Run ! HIDE!! IT'S THE PC POLICE!!!

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

Gad what fools these morons be.... Children are obscene but should not be heard Give me a peperoni pizza... or give me a calzone!

Reply to
Spike

I will forever bemoan my 64.5 convertible..... bought in 1967 for the princely sum of $2250 CA..... It was replete with the 5 bolt 289 and in the

225 horse configuration, generator rather than alternator.... When I sold it, it was just another old car - who would ever have guessed that old timey cars would have done what we now see?

Fast forward to 1988.... my 5.0 LX coupe was "sleeper extrordinaire".... I missed it dearly when my loving bride was afraid to drive it on our winter roads....

Currently, we have a V6, 05 convertible residing on the lot at work.... like both of my other Mustangs, it is about as red as you can get..... Since I am in the throes of major home reno, I am resisting Mrs. mechanics urgings to bring this puppy home....

Have I ever owned a Mustang? What business is it of yours? Around here, I offer comedic relief, stark reality and a modicum of decent advice..... Judge not lest ye be judged...

Reply to
Jim Warman