Re: Starts on second crank, but not first.

69Charger opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I have a 1988 Mustang LX I am fixing up for my daughter. It has the

> 2.3L 4 cylinder. When starting the motor while cold it does not want > to start the first time you crank it. If you spin it a couple turns, > let go of the key and then try again, then it will start right up. I > replaced the fuel filter, Fuel pump runs for a couple seconds and then > stops so I should have fuel pressure. Also seems to be kinda cold > blooded until it warms up. Step on the gas and it is sluggish when > cold. Once the motor is warm it runs/starts just fine. It does have > EFI, but is not a Turbo version. Any ideas would be appreciated. > > Thanks >

Pump the accel 2 times while cranking...

if it starts then, look for a small vacuum leak

Are there any other symptoms?... what's the idle speed at first start, then when it's warm?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic