Really need help

My 1997 mustang v6 ok and i was installing neons under the dash and then it sparked on the ground and i had to wired to the fuse box no fuses are blown.. my windows wont move the radio wont work the wipers wont work and the clock on the dash dont work with the car is running but if i turn the key backwards then all that stuff works i really need help please thank you very much email me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com i really appreciate it or just leave an answer here

Reply to
RyanWinnett

Sounds like you burned out a contact in your ignition switch. Too bad, those can be pretty expensive to replace...

Turning the switch "backwards" places it in the Auxiliary position, which is supposed to turn on everything except the engine (ignition/fuel pump/fuel injection system/etc). Everything that gets power in that position should also get power in the ON position. Unless the switch is broken...

Let somebody else play with the wires under the dash from now on...

HTH

--Dave

Java__Dave@NOSPAM_Hotmail.com

Remove NOSPAM_ to reply... The 2 underscores in Java__Dave are required...

Reply to
Dave

"Dave" wrote

Neon lights under the dash. LMAO!!! Guess maybe he's going for the look on the other thread.

66 6F HCS

Yea Scott, I know. Harsh, but true.

Kate

Reply to