Reverse

I have an '04GT standard shift, and sometimes it cannot find reverse. I have to press/depress the clutch a couple of times until the shifter can find it. Is this normal with this tranny, or do I have a problem.

TIA...Gumby

Reply to
Gumby

Every MT car I've ever driven had occasional difficulty getting into reverse. Reverse doesn't get syncro.

Reply to
Brent P

Ok thanks. I've owned smaller 4 bangers with MT but the problem is not as often, but good to know this is normal

Reply to
Gumby

"Gumby" wrote in news:4aLcg.891$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com:

Push in the clutch, and put it in a forward gear first. The synchro will stop the gear motion, and then reverse is easy.

Reply to
elaich

Ok thanks.

Reply to