Taco 4x4 reverse probs

Hi,

I've got a 4x4 taco with V6 and 5 speed. Sometimes when I try to put the tranny in reverse, the shifter just wont go into reverse. It does not grind at all, it simply won't let me into reverse. The cure is put the truck in first, raise the clutch pedal slightly until the clutch starts to grab. At that point, I can depress the clutch and shift effortlessly into reverse.

Any ideas on what the problem is?

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Presard

welcome to the world of standard transmissions I will even bet that if you're not going slow enough, you cant get it into

1st I have the same truck '98, its normal

Reply to
dissembler