Saleen S351 or '95 Cobra R?

Of these two vehicles was there ever a comparison test? I would be curious to see the S351 up against the '95 Cobra R.

-Nick

Reply to
Nicholas D

I don't see where it would be much of a battle. Supercharged tuner Mustang delivered with road-racing suspension and all set up from the same niche line up against a non-supercharged tuner Mustang delivered with the same style suspension and properly set up. I think the Saleen would stomp it, hands down. Even the '00R isn't much of a match for an S351. The new ('03-04 Cobra) can take the '00R. I'm anxious to see if they produce another R-model Cobra before the switch to the new chassis. I'd like to see a supercharged 5.4L 6-speed IRS in full race suspenion and a cage....

Dream on, I suppose.

JS

Reply to
JS

JS I guess you dont remember that Saleen stopped printing the stats of their high tuners at one point because they were not the same as the actual cars that made the streets. Again I would like to see the stats comparing these two vehicles at the same time. The Cobra R models were notorious for weight reduction were as the Saleens were known for weight gain.

-Nick

Reply to
Nicholas D

The '95 R really wasn't much of a runner. It wasn't any faster than '95 6-speed Z/28. Whereas the S351 was a high-12/low-13 second car.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

Even if they were over-rated.... a supercharged 351W car with a performance suspension should be able to beat out a N/A 351W car with the same style suspension, weight disadvantage or not. It couldn't be so heavy that it needed a blower to keep up...

I like the '95 R, but I think I'd buy an '00 R first...

JS

Reply to
JS