same 94 mustang new problem( V6)

Had mechanic do a complete tune up. Now there is gasoline dripping from exhaust pipe, He thinks it needs new computer because his diagnostic machine doesn't pick up any problems. Now what? Can you suggest any other things it could be?

Reply to
riley41

"riley41" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

doesn't

The mechanic. Car goes in for service, comes out worse. Take it to someplace reputable.

Reply to
Joe

"riley41" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

I cant really believe that... you say there's a strong smell of fuel. That would CERTAINLY show at the O2 sensors.

Like joe said.. your mech is a little slow. If he had anything on the ball he would, for instance, disconnect the MAF to see if it set a code.

Or disconnect the O2's for that matter.

Did he check Fuel Pressure Regulator?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thanks I tell him all this stuff.I do know he said the fuel pressure tested out fine. P.S.Slow...yeah he has had it for four days...turtle could've done it faster. T

Reply to
riley41

Thanks yes slow isn't the word for it. I will pass all this info on.

Reply to
riley41