94 3.1L v6 engine problem, Please help!

car is idling rough and misfiring. I took it into my mechanic and he did an engine compression test.. compression was fine but detected a faulty spark plug and wire.. replaced them and checked ignition coil.. did a pro vac on the injectors, but engine continued to idle and misfire. now he tells me that he thinks one of the injectors not working properly and wants to open up engine and check injectors.

seems to me he doing alot of quess work on my vechile and taking me for a ride.

any suggestions??

Reply to
Mixally

It's all a matter of diagnostics. My diagnostics cost me $250.00 to tell me they wanted to replace the injectors.. one good mechanic removed the plug, and told me it was fuel fowled. Since the ignition seems to work .. what else could it be .. :) I ordered a new injector, and it will be here tomorrow.

Reply to
clevere

This is a long shot, but have you replaced or disconnected the battery for a significant period of time recently? My '95 ran like crap for two days after I had the battery disconnected for 6 hours. The mechanic told me it takes a while for the computer to reset all it's readings.

Like I said, it's a long shot.

Lee

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter