Searching for Tremec in Yards and elsewhere

Project: 92 LX 5.0 400 HP.

I want to replace the stock 5 spd in my 92 Mustang.

From most of what I've read, it seems a Tremec will suffice, specifically the T-56.

If I go through yards, what is the simplest way to ID this tranny ? Is there a reference on the net ?

Lastly, if I find something from a Camaro (T-56), is the swap as simple as replacing the bellhousing ?

Point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

If you have no luck finding one you might look into getting a G-Force setup for the stock T-5. I have that in mine and love it. It will handle as much if not more torque and HP as the Tremec and isn't as notchy feeling. It is about $950 for the gear package though they have other things as well. One other note is it will allow the use of stock bell housings, clutches and such.

Joe Cilinceon

Sorry forgot to give you the path to the TTC site.

Joe Cilinceon

Joe,

Thanks for the feedback.

You're absolutely correct, I really only want/need what it will take to handle the torque.

I will look into this option.

Thank you.