The X-Trail seems to be new in Canada and the US, but it seems not to be new elsewhere (I read a couple of good articles on an Australia website that seem to be from 2000 and 2002).

When was the X-Trail introduced outside North America? Is it new for

2005 here? And is it the same vehicle (apart from more engine options elsewhere, e.g. diesel)?

Thanks! =aw

andrew [ snipped-for-privacy@wwwebbers.com]

Reply to
Andrew Webber

The X-trail is only new to Canada this year. It's been available in Mexico for a few years and Japan got them quite a few years ago. The US is the only major market the vehicle is unavailble in. So yes, the X-Trail has been around for quite a while, probably since 2000 when the B15 Sentra made it's debut.

In Japan the hot engine option is the SR20VET which puts out something like

275 hp IIRC.

Reply to
Hawaii_SE-R

I found a Swiss reference to being introduced to showrooms in September 2001, so I guess three years at least. 275hp in that little thing!? :)

andrew [ snipped-for-privacy@wwwebbers.com]

Reply to
Andrew Webber

The X-Trail was introduced to the majority of Nissan's worldwide markets in the last quarter of 2001. Initially in Europe in had either

2.0 litre petrol or 2.2 litre commmon rail diesel, however a 2.5 L petrol was introduced later.

At the end of 2003 the Series 2 model was introduced. Not much different from Series 1. A few minor changes to the exterior and a bit more in the way of changes to the interior, mainly in terms of the dash. This is the model which has been recently launched in Canada.

The 2.2L diesel was also uprated to provide 134bhp.

I've had a 2.2L diesel Sport since June of 2002. Excellent car.

Go to

for a discussionforum used by UK owners. There's a similar discussion forum used byAustralian X-Trail owners and many people are members of both forums.

Reply to
Big Ron

Reply to
Hawaii_SE-R