Selling With an Outstanding Loan

Oh, no doubt you're right. I'm quite certain that if the general public knew most of what went on, utter chaos would inevitably break out. I tend to believe that Iraq at one time *did* obtain or develop WMD. What I don't agree with was how the plan was executed. From where I sit, the president acted too hastily. I sincerely believe that had he given the weapons inspectors more time and spent his time influencing the UN on a more just cause, that we wouldn't be in the predicament we currently face. I am not against the war in Iraq. Something needed to happen. I just wish it had been better planned. And anybody could sit here in hindsight and say "we should have done this" or "we should have done that" but I was against the presidents method before the first bomb was dropped.

Sean

Reply to
Fao, Sean

Sure...Work with a bunch of illegals that pay no taxes and take the jobs from other hardworking Americans because they don't mind working for a little less.

I bet it's real nice knowing everything; too bad I can't be in your shoes. I'm sure it's a real charm living with you. On one hand, you assume that I'm living in my own apartment, wasting away money. You find out that I'm saving money by living with my parents and you turn it around and make that out to be the bad thing. You can't have it both ways.

I buy my own food, I buy my own clothes, I bought both of the cars I've owned and paid for my own insurance, I've paid my way through college and I'm planning on paying as much as I can without help and most of all, I'm looking for nobodies sympathy. I have been on my own and moved back to save some extra money to again pay my way through school. If you would slow down a minute and take a look at what I say, you would realize that I'm agreeing with a lot of what you say. I do believe that a person needs to work toward his/her right to obtaining an education.

I'm going to take a guess at your age and I have very little to go on but I'm going to guess you're in your mid 30's. If this is the case, I ask that since your so much against the federal fundings on higher education that you please return the funding that enabeled you to obtain an education a reduced rate, to my parents.

You've got to love somebody with a closing line like this one...

Reply to
Fao, Sean

BULLSHIT!

Reply to
Jimmy

Another educated response from another educated person.

Reply to
Fao, Sean

No, it was obvious that the UN was going to sit back and do absolutely nothing and then depend on us to bail their asses out. Just like EVERY OTHER time they wait. The US and England has to come save their asses!

I'm sorry, but you're dreaming if you really thought that would work. I'm not saying you stupid or uneducated, just maybe a little naive about it. With age comes wisdom grasshopper.

The real problem was that there was no planning for AFTER they ousted Saddam. They had the ousting down nearly perfect. But how come it seems nobody knows whose in charge of what. EESH. Giant Charlie Foxtrot from the moment they pulled down that giant statue on live TV.

Scott W. '66 HCS

Reply to
Scott Williams
***** MUCH WHINING DELETED****

Little boy, I promise that I have paid more in taxes in the past 10 years than both your parents have in both their careers. Blame your parents; if they weren't smart enough to start saving for your education when you were a drunken glaze in your father's eye, then why should all the tax payers pay for you to go to a 30K/semester grad school? Once again, get over yourself; you don't seserve your education to be given to you; if you're not willing to work, sweat and sacrifice for it, well, the world needs ditch diggers too.

As long as it's not the 'Michael Jackson' brand of love...

You not getting sympathy from any of us. Just drive your car and be happy that you're in America where you have a chance, if you are willing to work for it.

Reply to
Ralph Snart

I was a year old when Regan took office and 9 when he left. So, that would put me at 13 when Bush Sr. left office. Having said that, I think it's quite obvious only two presidents would really stand out in my mind. And from my point of view, there's no comparison between the two's ability to communicate. I don't remember Clinton having much problem influencing foreign leaders. Bush on the other hand is a joke when it comes to foreign affairs. The *only* time I can truly remember being moved by one of Bush's speeches was just after the 9/11 attacks. Granted, that speech tops nearly if not all speeches given by any president in the history of this nation; but, all speeches from that point on have, to me, been empty and unpersuasive. I never get the impression that Bush has *ever* considered an alternative.

More time alone would probably have solved nothing. However, if a focus had been made on attempting to persuade the UN on a more just cause, it's a possibility. Our main focus was on the WMD. The UN weapons inspectors could find none so it's no surprise that they weren't compelled enough to participate. Was Iraq an immediate danger to the national security of the nation 18 months ago? Probably not?Was there cause for concern about the potential for a threat to our national security in the next 10 years? Probably so?How to persuade the leaders of other foreign countries into understanding the need to take care of eliminating the danger *before* things get out of hand, I personally do not know; but here is where I feel more energy should have been focused.

This part is obvious and I admit my own sense of false security. In hindsight, I can say that I should have seen this coming from a mile away. Just like the homeless on the streets of our cities, saving their lives means absolutely nothing.

Sean

Reply to
Fao, Sean

Yeah? And may I ask how you know this?

Do you have selective hearing too? Talking to you is like talking to a

6 year old with attention deficit problems. You obnoxiously snip out all the parts that I explained that I've already paid for my education, I borrowed nothing and I will continue along that path until I can no longer afford to. When and if I reach the stage that I cannot afford it, I'll borrow only what I need to get by and I'll pay it all back when I'm done. I seem to remember you mentioning having done the same thing.

Do I really need to respond to this part? It's obvious your attention has already been overwhelmed.

How much harder then working toward everything I have, do I need to work?

Sean

Reply to
Fao, Sean

I think you are a troll, because a real college student trying to make good grades and be accepted into a premier grad program would have more important things to do than get in a pissing match on a NG.

Tell you what: It's Friday, and while I have to work t>

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Sean, you're a smart guy. You've also got a lot of learning to do. You have the wherewithal and know-how to work hard, get your education AND keep your Mustang. Blame Bush, Clinton, Newt Gingrich, Ted Kennedy, Monica Lewinski, Saddam Hussein, "The Jews" or whomever, but the onus lies on you. High motivation leads to high rewards. The government can't (and won't, BTW) solve your problems; you can.

Jimmy

Reply to
Jimmy

Yes, it's Friday and guess what I'm doing...I'm taking the opportunity to catch up on some work that I couldn't get done during the week and I've been here since 7:00 this morning. Now I'm a little tired and I'm not going to continue this conversation any further because it's obvious I'm talking to a brick wall. Go save the world Ralph 'Smarter than I'll ever know' Smartass. But before you do, take a quick glance at the two of our posts. What you should see if you would step out of your arrogant hat for one minute is somebody much like yourself who did work for his education.

Reply to
Fao, Sean

Let me take this opportunity to explain why I've followed this thread so closely for the past couple of days.

When I first started this thread, I already had it in my mind that inevitably, I was going to be selling the car and wanted advice to keep my loss at a minimum. At some point, the underlying meaning of my message was lost and I assume it was when I made the comment about taxes being cut for the poor and lowering funding to colleges. I blame myself for being unclear but I was *not* suggesting that it would be beneficial to this country to keep the taxes where they were, just so students like myself could afford to drive around in fancy sport cars. I was simply making a comment that I was upset that a war based on a cause I didn't support, could in part be to blame for the raised tuition rates. What Ralph has either ignored or failed to realize is that I couldn't have taken any less from anybody because I directly took no more then any one of you did, if you attended any public schooling in your lifetime.

I have a sister who broke her arm and now refuses to work. Her only form of income is collecting disability checks. And I'm embarrassed to say she's my sister. She sits around and does absolutely nothing to better her life, complains when her mother-in-law can't watch the baby and gets pissy at me because I refuse to help her out when she needs money. And this makes me every bit as sick as it does either of you.

I've followed this thread closely because of the way you all jumped all over me. Ask anybody that really knows me and they will tell you that I have no respect for the people that sit around and make babies and then think the white man or the mother-in-law or whatever other crap their little heads can come up with, are to blame. I feel that I have a valid reason to be upset. I'm working just as hard as the other guy and then they go and raise an already high rate. And for what? I'm going to take another wild guess and time say that probably close to every one of us at RAMFM complained about the gas prices during the war. My complaint is no different because in the end, like we all had to do when the gas price went up, if I want to go where I want to go, I better come up with some money.

Sean

Reply to
Fao, Sean

I was in college during gulf war 1. Tution went up then too. It went up before the war and it went up after the war. Tution goes up. It always goes up. In anyone's 4 year college education there will be one year of a big spike it seems. In other words, your experience is *TYPICAL* it doesn't require a war, tax cuts or anything else.

Reply to
Brent P