Serpentine Belt Help

OK, so I am trying to put on a serpentine belt and i am about 1/4" off from bieng able to get it onto the pulley... Is this normal? Do I just need someone with more muscle? I even removed the tensoner so it would not get in the way for the install.

I tried using a screw driver and pushing it over but no go. Any suggestions?

Reply to
DM

Huh? On the 4.6 anyway you just put a 3/8ths socket extender in the square hole and use the socket wrench to move the tensioner pulley out of the way.

Reply to
Brent P

Sounds like they gave you the wrong belt. There should be plenty of slack when the tensioner is pulled up. Should be a 5 minute or less job.

Reply to
deadcarnahans