Shelby S/S Goes To 800HP

Really, 750 wasn't enough? And next up, it's an even 1,000...? Sure the Shelby S/S is a high-end car, but 750 HP is crazy HP. Hell, that's serious full drag car numbers from just a few years back.

Patrick

Reply to
Suzanne McKenzie

Thus spake Suzanne McKenzie :

Lots of guys I'm going to be racing against are making 800 - 900 on

410 inch SBC and FBC. But the engine only has to do that for about 7 and a half seconds. And burns methanol. And has 14:1 piston/heads. And ...

1000 hp? Aren't we getting into Veyron territory? And how many of them have been wrecked by drivers who couldn't appreciate what 1000 hp is capable of?

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

I'd like to take that chance but I'm not sure id want to depend on it as a daily driver depending on the mileage.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Yep. Yet with the Shelby could pick up your grandmother from Church and drop her off at the bingo parlor.

I know. Detroit muscle cars have become bad-ass, something a friend of mine with late-model 333HP BMW M3 acknowledges. 'I used to mess with [the older] Mustangs, Camaros, but not anymore... now I always get smacked down.'

=A0And how many of

With that amount of firepower, I'd have to have a revolving credit account with the State and local cops. 'Sorry, again, sir, could you just put it on my tab?'

Patrick

Reply to
Suzanne McKenzie

Thus spake Suzanne McKenzie :