Sick auto commercial in Britain...

Because they use 100 KPH as a benchmark which is (almost) equal to 62 MPH.

Reply to
Scudder

9.7!!
Reply to
Scott Williams

You probably wouldn't like the first one where the "Evil twin" whacked a pidgeon out of the air either LOL.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Pigeons are like fire-ants - they are pests to be exterminated.

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Hey! Hey! Hey! Tread lightly on the pigeons....

I am a Life Member of PETA and pigeons are NOT like fireants! Their flavor is far superior to fireants, especially when you use Ron Popeils 'set it and forget it' rotisorie oven, or a good grill.... Besides, the fireants keep falling through the grate, and have you ever tried to get one on a skewer?

We at PETA savor the flavor of a good pigeon, or a good fresh roadkill, like the deer the 18 wheelers leave us along the turnpike in upstate New York!

Dave Willson P(eople) for the E(ating) of T(asty) A(nimals)

V'ger

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; )
Reply to
V'ger

Reply to
Michael Seeley

I was in Japan for 2.5 weeks, but didn't watch much TV. If you watch SpikeTV over here, they air lots of episodes of "Takashi's Challenge" dubbed over with silly English. It's amazing what those shows end up having people doing. Physical pain galore, and just silly, stupid stunts.

I was totally enamored with one of the pop sitcom stars over there though. Couldn't tell you her name then or now, couldn't pronounce it either... but oy...

That's off the subject though. ;-)

JS

Reply to
JS

You know, if the cat had been minding his own damn business...

Reply to
Jimmy

Killing animals in the name of humor?

Even with my great sense of humor, I find that hard to take!

Sorry, but I don't like to kill for a laugh or a sport, but in self defense: In a heartbeat!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

I think that it would have been a lot funnier if it was a human sticking his head in the sunroof. :>)

Reply to
Dennis

I wanna see!!!! lol..

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

So , you believe that they actually killed a real cat in that ad?

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

It's a nice change to make. My first cars (coincidentally all Fords) were a

1.6 Escort, a 1.3 Escort and a 1.6 Sierra. Now I have owned a 5.0 V8 I can't imagine ever driving that junk again. My primary vehicle is now a 7.3 dsl F-250, I'd be lost without it. It is somewhat amusing though when fam and friends from UK first see these vehicles, both for the size of the truck and the size of the motors. Oh, and for what it's worth, I thought the commercial was hillarious!

Dave.

Reply to
'91 conv

I doubt he thinks a real cat was killed. Some people are just repulsed by animal cruelty, whether real or not. The makers of the commerical could have been a bit more PC with their point. LOL

Personally, I found it offensive, but then I have cats. Maybe if it'd been a dog, I would have laughed. ;-)

Reply to
Cindy

You know, I thought that very same thing. LOL! Why a cat? Publicity, that's why. If it were a human being, nobody would be talking about it.

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy

THAT is an absolute RIOT! Brilliant!!

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

A kid from Singapore gawked at the enormity of a my 69 Eldorado and asked what size the engine was. I told him 472 CI and a few ticks on his calculator I thought he was going to pass out. He had never seen or heard of anything bigger then a 2.0 litre.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

I thin it is offensive. Is this really being aired in the UK ? I bet Ford will get quite a bit of flack for it. I wonder if someone edited the last part and made it sick.. sorry, not funny.

Rein

yeah, how about a car-thief ?

Rein

Yes!

But I started to doubt it when I didn't see any blood?

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King