slightly OT. Upgrading from GT convertible to ____

My kids grew a bit and can't fit into the back of my 2000 GT (since oddly enough my kids actually have legs and Ford assumes rear passengers are paraplegic).

I need a 4 seat convertible that is a bit roomier than my GT.

Looking around, I see decent looking BMW M3, Lexus SC430 and Audi A4 as possible choices but VERY pricey. Am I missing some potential replacements that are more reasonable in price? (Dont't mention Sebring, I'm not THAT desperate).

Thanks Roger

Reply to
roger

I've got my eyes on a GT500 next summer. Can't go wrong with the new Stang's styling and having a blown V-8 under the hood. :)

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

If you and the kiddies don't quite fit in the GT anymore...don't bother checking out the A4, the difference in rear seating comfort is negligible.

SC430, very nice...but you'll still need a bone-saw for the kids.

Of the cars you listed, the BMW M3 has the most suitable back seats for "larger" youngsters.

The "best" rear seats I've ever seen in a convertible are in the (hold on to your wallet) Mercedes 430. If the rear seating is that important, that's your car. But hey, if you'll consider the M3, the Merc is in the ballpark, pricewise.

How about a Jeep? Kids would love it. :)

Saab makes a 4-seater, as well. I've never liked Saabs. It may be nice... : P

Reply to
John C.

Reply to
Cobra Boy

I highly recommend the PT Cruiser, and if you like the power of your Mustang GT, get the PT Cruiser convertible GT.

At 6.7 > Keep the GT for yourself and get a PT Cruiser convert or a Solara for the

Reply to
robinjoe61