Smart way to buy 2005 Mustang?

Greetings!

I'd love to purchase a Mustang. (Duh :) I've been driving for more than 10 years, and have never seen a car I liked better. When I saw the new / retro styling......well, I may be making payments for years, but I'll be happy making them. :-)

I wish I knew the right way to order / purchase the car. I understand that they won't be out until late summer early fall? Any help would be most appreciated. I've never had a new car before, much less "pre ordered" one.

Please post to the board, (big brother is watching me here. :-)

Thank you in advance...... Wendy

Reply to
<NoSpam

Tony Alonso

Wait a year. When the new T-Birds came out, some had a 10K overprice on them due to lots of demand. One year later, they were list price, now the dealers are trying to give them away.

Reply to
Ralph Snart

I spoke to my local dealer yesterday and he says that in 45 days the 2005s will be on his lot. As far as price he wouldn't say, so you know there will be a waiting list with prices way over MSRP. Guess I'll wait a year ..... :-(

Reply to
Neoisthe1

Or, you could order one and pay MSRP. The Ford dealer I was working at was taking deposits for them and guaranteeing MSRP. If you wait to buy the ones that come in on dealer stock you are going to be paying a good size premium over MSRP.

Reply to
Iggy