speed control

I've recently purchased a 2002 mustang with a V6 and 5 speed manual tranny. It has an electric sun-roof, which I can't find as an option for this year of car, but no speed control...why don't they call it a cruise control? Anyway, does any one have an idea what it would cost to throw an OE speed control in this car? Thanks......

Reply to
Lonnie

I would imagine that it would be quite expensive considering that not only would you need all the electronics, but a new steering wheel to boot, since that is where the controls are mounted and it would involve the airbag and so on. Sorry I wasn't much help, just had to put in my 2 cents worth.

Call the dealership! Se what they say is involved and get an estimate.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

Reply to
Lonnie

Because they do not hold the rights to call it "Cruise Control®" I believe General Motors may own it and Ford has to call it something else like the generic 'speed control'.

Reply to
avoidspam

hon... the ONLY thing that controls MY speed is that good looking fellow with the tight tan uniform and the shiney spot on his chest...

Oh yea, and lack of horsepower.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate