Squeaky Window

I have a 2002 Mustang with power windows. The driver side window is VERY noisy when I open and close it. It's a loud squeaking sound. Is there a way to fix this? Any ideas from anyone? Please relpy to group...thanks

Jesse

Reply to
Jesse Gutierrez

Did you put something on your window? Like Rain-X or something?

Reply to
<memset

My '03 Cobra has the same exact problem. All 3 other windows work nice and quietly, but the driver's side window squeals like a pig, and has since day one. Gotta love that Ford build quality! :(

One of these days I'll take it in to the dealer and have it adjusted...

Reply to
Scott in Aztlán

an '02 should still have warranty left. Take it to the dealer and let them fix it.

--

68_GEE_TEE

68_GEE_TEE

Wipe some silicone lubricant along the front edge of the window - by the mirror.

Reply to
Keith

Here is what I found in the passenger side door of my car that was causing a nasty squeek

The wiring harness that runs back to the power lock mechanism was routed so that it rubbed against the window (in the rar rear on the corner edge) as it went up and down. I simply rerouted it on the other side of the metal rod (that the lock button screws onto at the top of the panel) so it wouldnt's rub the window any more. Problem solved!

Oh... and it was what was causing my automatic window to stall on that side too, which is why I was in there in the first place.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

I was hoping for a quick fix, I'm afraid that it will take them days at the dealer. Looks like that's the way to go though...thanks!

Reply to
Jesse Gutierrez