Starting Problem 2000 V-6 Mustang

Hey guys hopefully someone in here can help me out. I bought wrecked V-6 Mustang. Had the frame straightened and put new front on the vehicle. Since we have got the car it has not started. We have checked the starter, inertia switch, fuel pump, starter relays..... When you turn the key on all power options, dash lights, and fuel pump work properly. Turn to the start position and the starter does nothing. The car will start, run and drive just fine if we hit the main power wire from the starter to the battery. Not sure what else to check ? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Is there a way to check/bypass the neutral safety switch ?

Regards, Sodbrother

Reply to
sodbrother

maybe neutral safety switch is bad, but keep in mind the newer Fords are notorious for bad ignition switches.

Reply to
vince garcia

Please see Section 17 of the Car and Deep Cycle Battery FAQ on

for a troubleshooting guide. I bet it is a bad ground connection of a missing ground strap between the engine block and frame.

Kindest regards,

BiLL......

Reply to
Bill Darden