Stupid parking lot tricks: a new twist

V'ger jma(NO SPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; )
Reply to
V'ger

I would never park across multiple spaces, even in the back. That's like asking for some one to mess up your ride. Being that obvious about protecting it will IMO just attract someone who wants to be an ahole.

Reply to
Brent P

I agree totally... It irritates the living hell out of me when somebody takes up all 4 parking spaces... it REALLY makes people want to tear up your ride. Parking in the back is great, but don't be an asshole about it.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

V'ger jma(NO SPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; )
Reply to
V'ger

I stumbled into this group quite by accident this afternoon, and began to read this thread thinking a bunch of redneck guys were going to be teaching each other a new way to burn rubber in the parking lot or something equally as stimulating. *groan*. Instead i found a group of intelligent articulate people with their tongues planted firmly in their cheeks and the thread was a blast. Thanks for a great read! I'd love to add something memorable to leave you with, but i'm laughing so hard i can't see straight! Next time? Thanks again !

Reply to
mustang sally

New way to burn rubber? Rev it up to 4k RPMs or so & drop the clutch. Pee on the tires first if you want some longer burnouts.

Glad you found the thread amusing... I did as well.. but it blew my mind how idiotic some people can be. I wasn't kidding when I wrote that JD Adams would probably be in jail if somebody did that to Charlene... whew he'd be soooooo pissed off... wouldn't be so humorous then. Oh well... Sh*t happens ;D.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Ahhhhh! Someone with a sense of the rediculous has stumbled upon a pocket of mirth..... And welcome you are!!!!!! At least by this fun lovin' humorous guy!!!!! And to be named after one of my old time fave songs, too!!! Though I would NEVER say 'slow that Mustang down...' ; )

V'ger jma(NO SPAM)@snowcrest.net

1965 Mustang Fastback 2+2 Burgundy w/ Black Std Interior 289 ci 4v V8 A Code Dual Exhaust C4 Auto 8" Trak Lok Vintage 40 wheels BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDWS 225/50ZR-16 tires Petronix Electronic Ignition components oem am radio and am-fm-10cd changer with 7.5" dvd player 120w kick panel speakers Built in San Jose on my birthday, May 10th ; )
Reply to
V'ger
** I still remember going to germany years ago. It was so nice to be ** away from the all the LCD morons I have to put up with here at home. ** Everyone had their shit together in germany, from the simplist store ** clerk on up. I was there for work, but it was vacation from stupidity, ** rudeness, and all the stuff we are talking about in this thread.

Only once did I have an experience like that, while on a working vacation in a small town in Idaho in the early 90's. People were friendly, respectful and polite. People drove slowly through town and waved at their neighbors as they passed. Young ladies smiled and said "Hello!" as they walked by. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

I do plan to return someday. Perhaps to stay for a very long time.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams
** I wish I was mechanically inclined enough to be able to fix up an old ** beater and use that for these kind of trips. No go unfortunately...

No mechanical inclination required. All you need is $100 bucks and a keen eye for a premium beater car; one that looks awful, but runs okay. Just stay close to home in case it dies. I only put bucks into mine because I have to commute 70 miles/day through some pretty rough territory.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams
** I stumbled into this group quite by accident this afternoon, and began ** to read this thread thinking a bunch of redneck guys were going to be ** teaching each other a new way to burn rubber in the parking lot or ** something equally as stimulating. *groan*. Instead i found a group of ** intelligent articulate people with their tongues planted firmly in their ** cheeks and the thread was a blast. Thanks for a great read! I'd love ** to add something memorable to leave you with, but i'm laughing so hard i ** can't see straight! Next time? Thanks again !

Thank you. And welcome to RAMFM.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

at 07 Apr 2004, JD Adams [ snipped-for-privacy@Softcom.Net] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I'm gonna keep that in mind. Something smaller that uses less gas would be great. I have roadside assistance and towing both with my AAA membership and my insurance so I can go about 50 miles out and still get it towed back for free. :-)

Reply to
Paul