suspension mods '04 mach 1

i'm planning out some mods to do over the winter on my '04 Mach 1. so far i have a steeda tri-ax, and steeda strut tower brace. within the next month, i'll have my global west sub-frames welded in and my cat-backs (full exhaust work will have to wait until next spring).

this is not a daily driver for me -- i mostly take her out on weekends for some fun driving. i expect to take her to the track no more than six times a year or so just to compete against some friends.

i'm interested in some suspension mods that will help with on-road performance. for example, one thing i notice is that when i'm cruising some country roads small bumps in the road -- especially on corners -- cause the rear end to jump and skip quite a bit. if you're not used to it, it can cause quite a scare! so i'm interested in some help in this area.

but at the same time, i don't want to do anything that will hurt my performance at the track. if suspension mods help my track times, then so be it, but i am primarily interesting in muting that skip factor.

more generally, i guess i'm interested in learning how to weigh the positives and minuses of suspension mods as they relate to on-road and track performance. lowering my car seems like a stupid thing to do, so i want to make sure that i'm not asking for a bottom-out if i do something stupid.

thanks.

-- '04 Mach 1, Torch Red Steeda Tri-Ax (1quick6 shifter gasket set) Steeda Srut Tower Brace Amsoil 5w-20 synthetic oil

Reply to
bitbucket