Synthetic Blends

God forbid you tell Joe that. He goes out of his way to make sophomoric crap about a one year change interval.

Reply to
WindsorFox

Only a fool ignores scientific proof. You know not of what you speak.

Reply to
WindsorFox

Just because you and some others on Usenet can not find it does not mean it does not exist. There is plenty of proof in test samples.

Reply to
WindsorFox

The 428 was not available in a Mustang in 66. The best engine was the 289 hi po.

In 1967 the 390 was available.

I was one of the few people who ordered and got a 68 Cobra Jet. The 427 crossbolt was advertised, and maybe they even made a few of them, but I never saw one.

Reply to
<HLS

And you are a total d*****ad, Fox. High school harry.

Reply to
<HLS

I would never buy a car that had been maintained by a bunch of children like yourselves. Maybe you had rich parents, but I had to work for my money.

Reply to
<HLS

From a chemical perspective, I am far more qualified to make an observation than you will ever be. I was the R&D director for a major global firm for years.

You can believe all the bullshit you want, but the facts are far less definitive that you would hope we would believe.

Reply to
<HLS

Well, if you are so totally sure of this, then post your unequivocal sources. There is a lot of data, yes. We are not privy to much of it. A lot of the claims are made without rigorous proof.

You can believe it if you wish. There is a fool born every minute.

Reply to
<HLS

I wonder. I seem to recall reading an article many, many years ago that Greyhound did the same thing.

Reply to
Richard

An old man I've known since the '70's (he's now 82 years old) asked me the question "What's 10W30 mean?" I told him, and he replied, if 10 weight is OK in the winter, why not all of the time? I had no answer. He said that since the 1950's he has run only pure 10 weight oil in every car he's ever owned. He said that once in the late '50's there was a recall, he took the car in and the mechanics were astonished by how perfect the interior of his engine was. The way he explained it to me was that 10 weight oil's molecules are smaller, thus allowing more of them to get to bearing surfaces, etc. and providing better lubrication overall.

Does anyone else here think this could be true?

How much synthetic oil is really in a synthetic blend oil? I saw on the Havoline website that they say between 3 and 10%. That seems really low. And for the price? It would be better, and cheaper to throw in one litre of full synthetic oil in with the rest of the dino oil in your crankcase.

Is synthetic blend a rip? Sure seems like it to me.

Brad

Reply to
nospam

What a crock!

If you were an R&D director, you wouldnt put up with someone else giving you thet of unsupported absolutist BS you are spouting on here.

I TYPICALLY run 20k between changes Mobil 1... and have NO problems getting my beater engines to go to 200k ... and with no funny disturbing noises from the engine, either.

But I drive a 100 mile commute...

I would NEVER recommend a grocery getter go that long.. in fact, if you go 12 kmiles a year you SHOULD run dino and change every 3 months.

You tell me what you want... you do what you want..I've seen the results of 20 k between, mobil 1 oiled engines at 185k teardown... freakin PRISTINE

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I don't care what you or anyone else believes. As "the R&D director for a major global firm for years" (petroleum company? No... or you would have just come out & said it - Mattel & McDonalds are "global" firms...) you should KNOW. Beliefs are subjective, science is objective.

Please, everyone, do your own research, outside of usenet, to make your decision on issues like this. Don't take anyone's word in the newsgroups just because some nobody like me is spouting & spewing arbitrary "facts" or anecdotes in a semi-believable fashion.

Follow the science.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Joe who?

Reply to
John

Does anyone else here think this could be true?

Dave

NO

Reply to
Hairy

Maybe, since he thinks he's projecting a reasoned view on here, that is why he's a "FORMER" R&D Director.

No manager in their right mind would allow such at anything but a "brainstorming" session.

Certainly not as part of a booked project. FACTS is king and a researched paper trail is the platform of a position advanced for consideration.

I'm thinking HLS might believe there's nought but grease monkeys and hobbits on here.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

John wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Ask WF how often he changes his Amsoil.

And again for the record, WF, anyone who changes his or her oil once a year is a fool.

Joe

I had a girlfriend who used that sticky shit in her car.. Claimed she could go

15,000 miles. I tried to change it for her once and the cowshit wouldnt flow out of the hole.

But, she was very nice.

Reply to
<HLS

And there are plenty of dickheads.

Reply to
<HLS

chemical &

I assure that I was, and it was for the petroleum industry. I will not mention the company name, but even you would probably recognize it.

Reply to
<HLS

The problem is that you have no facts, dickless. You just parrot the marketing hype.

Reply to
<HLS