Tauras or Tempo Power steering in 67 Mustang?

Before my Internet Explorer died on me, I have several websites that stated you can take the power steering unit out of a 80's model tempo or tauras and bolt it into a 67 mustang. Does any one have this information? I'm in desperate need to find out if this is true. I don't have a lot of money to spend, so the 1200-1500 option isn't an option at all.

Reply to
ILOVEBF2

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1186774136.504835.136870 @x40g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

You are talking about converting from a steering box to a rack and pinion system. There are many changes to be made in the process, including drilling holes in the crossmember, finding a way to connect the Mustang's steering column to it, and finding the correct length tie rods. Not a job for the faint hearted or inexperienced.

Reply to
elaich