84 Corolla windshield washer

My windshield washer stoped working. When I press the "spray" button it sounds completly dead. Checked fuses & they are fine. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
montesa

Some things to check:

Make sure there is fluid in the washer reservoir, even if you filled it recently because there may be a crack or hole in it

Carefully disconnect the rubber hose from one of the washer nozzles and see if washer fluid comes out of the hose when you press the spray button. If fluid comes out, the nozzles are clogged. Try cleaning the nozzles with a pin.

When you press the spray button, listen for pump sounds coming from the bottom of the washer reservoir. If there are no pump sounds, check for voltage at the pump. If there is voltage at the pump, the pump is dead. If there is no voltage at the pump, you will have to start tracing for an open in the circuit.

If you use often water instead of washer fluid, the pump's life may be shortened because of mineral deposits.

Reply to
Ray O