TFrog, redux

Ten days after I picked TFrog up, after detailing the interior and putting two coats of Mother's on the outside, I'm sopping up green liquid that's pooling in the rear passenger side.

Somehow, I don't think that's right...

Back to the shop.

dwight a really pissed dwight

Reply to
dwight

Fuck man. I bet you're tired of this shit. I'd be pissed as hell.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Green liquid in the *rear* passenger side? could a container of antifreeze in your trunk be leaking?

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

dwight opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

check for dead alien under rear seat... or a forgotten bottle of Simple Green?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Did it get the rear via the front passenger side? If so, then it's a heater core.

Other than that, I have no idea why it'd be there.

Steve

72 Skylark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

It might be that your wallet had a meltdown after everything it's been through lately. Your last dollar simply went with it.

| > Somehow, I don't think that's right... | >

| > Back to the shop. | >

| > dwight | > a really pissed dwight | >

| | check for dead alien under rear seat... or a forgotten bottle of Simple | Green?

Reply to
SVTKate

Drove over a heard of caterpillars??? :-D

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Radiator fluid drips down from behind the glove box (I assume), and runs down through the front seat to the rear, where it pools. It is definitely the brand-new heater core.

That means that the dealership a) installed a defective core, or b) did not pressure test the core before installation, or c) lied to me about using a flow restrictor, or d) mangled the thing during installation.

And now, because it's leaking after 10 days, I have no option but to take TFrog back to the very same people who screwed this up. Makes me sick.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Very unfortunate Dwight. There's gonna be a Ford Tech haten life when the Frog returns....

Good luck and keep us posted

-- Mike

93 Cobra
Reply to
Mike R

That sucks dwight! Mine only seemed to puddle on the passenger front seat when it went.

Steve

72 Sklyark Custom455
Reply to
A Guy Named Steve

Turns out, it wasn't the heater core again.

The "mechanic" had simply left a hose unattached.

So... They left the instrument pod dangling. They fixed the problem with the clutch switch, that kept blowing fuses, but fuses kept blowing. And they left a hose unattached.

Quality is Job One.

dwight

Reply to
dwight