T Frog ... Day..???

Well... how's she comin? The suspense is killing me!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Let's review:

Put the car in for heater core, A/C recharge, fix the defroster controls, and find the short in the clutch pedal ignition lockout circuit that kept blowing the fuse for the instrument cluster. They completed the job, but left the instrument pod unattached. So I left the car there.

Picked it up the next day, but the same fuse blew out, so back it went, with a couple more tasks: replace the rear main seal and also the illumination behind the gauges. (In for a penny, in for a pound and a half.)

As of yesterday afternoon, rear main seal had been done (along with a leaking seal in the oilpan area that they found), but they were waiting on a part for the clutch switch (?).

SHOULD be done today... We'll see.

Once again, I'd just like to have TFrog back for the weekend. Looks like the weather will break in our area, so I'm really looking forward to detailing the interior and giving it a thorough polish and wax for the Fall.

Next step - replacement headlights, so I can drive it at night with confidence. (TFrog has the normal Ford glaucoma. Rather than polish the lenses, I'll replace them. One of the elements is cracked anyway, so that's a good excuse.)

dwight (thank god I've got a spare. CFrog is holding up well, and I've got a new pair of PowerSlots waiting to be installed on that one.)

Reply to
dwight

Hope it all goes well! We drove up to Nashville today to see the Norman Rockwell exhibit. It was very cool! We took the truck though, too much rain and wide lo-pro tires makes Shug a garage baby in the bad weather.

Kate