The brakes on my '83 GLX

I have replaced the master cylinder twice in a year and a half on this car. Now, when at a stop, there is good braking, then it falls away under my foot an inch or more.

Does this have to be the master cylinder, or can it be something else?

There is no fluid loss in the master cylinder.

If it is the master cylinder, lifetime warranty or not, it's junk, and not worth putting in my car. (AUTOZONE)

voice from the past

Reply to
timagine

Im not the expert on brakes, but it sounds like an air bubble.... Are you sure you bled them right?

Reply to
japhar81

opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Refer to your chilton or haynes... remember seeing that adjustment nut on the shaft sticking out of the booster?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Air pocket in brake lines? Do a full system flush/bleed; its probably never been done on your car.

Reply to
cprice