How To: Replace the seat back latch

Hello All,

In an accident I broke through both the seat back latches (driver and passenger side) and the seats wont stay in a single position anymore. They recline all the way till they are near flat.

I ordered replacement seat back latches for both seats from Ford but am at a loss on how to install it. Any pointers would be *most* helpful!

Thanks.

Reply to
Stang'01

Stang'01 opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

That was a helluva wreck!

Remove the passenger side seat from the car, place it on a bench where it is comfortable to work.

remove all trim and peel back covers as necessary to access the broken part.

Seat cover may require replacement "hog rings" from upholstery shop or farm store (same)

Once you figure out how to do it on passenger seat, you may be able to fix the other seat in the car.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic