The SN65 project

Robert Julian is now to the point of bolting things into the car

For those of you unfamiliar, picture a project at SVT.. where they build a lookalike using 65 fastback skin stampings on an '03 Cobra chassis with powertrain and interior

Backyard Mechanic

I'm very curious as to what the finished vehicle will weigh. I seem to remember Mr. Julian mentioning a weight of around 2500 Lbs. Seems a tad optimistic, but if that's the case, that puppy's gonna fly.

Reply to
John C.

No way!

I cant see how it can possibly weigh less than an 03 Cobra Coupe

"John C." wrote

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

lmfao hold the road is another thing rite

lmfao u go girl

hurc ast

Reply to
promot

hello hack how are you long time no see have u been sick ?

say hi to your lovely wife

hurc ast

Reply to
promot

How would you know? You couldnt bother to read the whole SN65 thread, or you'd know they wont have a problem with that...

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Just sick of you...

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Yeah, considering some of the extra bracing I've seen added and the attention given to strenghten the chassis, there isn't a whole lot of room for weight loss. If anything, I would expect heavier.

I just scanned that thread looking for the estimate, and couldn't find it. Either it was in another forum or I have confused his project with something else.

Reply to
John C.

I forget what he said at the open house, but it was a fair amount over 3000

Reply to
Brent P