theft prevention

There was an anti theft device that fastened around the brake peddle instead of the steering wheel. This unit is said to be more effective as the peddle arm is considerably stronger than the steering wheel.

Reply to
ironrod

I just bought one this afternoon. :-)

Reply to
rw

I agree... our clergy, our politicians, our public servants, the boards of directors of publicly traded corporations have all proved, time and time again, that we all have a "price". That locks only serve to keep honest people honest is simply saying that the first temptation is removed.... removing the first temptation is enough for most of us.

Ever stolen a pen or such from work? Goofed off when you're getting paid? Gotten a warranty repair that should have been retail? My dear old (very English) Mum would often say "In for a penny, in for a pound...".

Reply to
Jim Warman

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Absolutely.

IMHO the ideal system would combine an engine immobilizer (ignition and/or fuel cutoff) with a "silent" alarm system that notifies you directly when security has been compromised AND helps you track down the car if they manage to steal it anyway (e.g. using a flatbed tow truck). If you lock your keys in your car, a simple phone call can unlock the doors remotely. If your car is stolen or carjacked, a similar call will remotely disable the ignition, leaving the thieves stranded. The upgraded model will lock the doors, roll up all the windows, and release cyanide gas into the cockpit. :)

This system would combine the features of a standard car alarm (minus the siren) with those of the LoJack Early Warning system, OnStar, and possibly one of the GPS+GPRS tracking systems as well.

AFAIK, my ideal system does not yet exist as a commercial product. All the components exist today, it's just that nobody has yet put them all together and sold them as a complete system. I suspect it would cost a fortune. ;)

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

Civilians understand "Locks keep lazy thieves honest."

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

A fortune is what I'm not willing to spend to protect a $10,000 car. I'm going with the cheapest, most devious, and what I consider the most cost-effective measures, which I think I've learned from this informative thread.

Reply to
rw

I knew that - hence the smilie. ;)

Glad we could help! ;)

Reply to
Scott en Aztlán

Reply to
ironrod

and secure with cloves. Bake uncovered in 350° oven till thermometer reaches 160°.

Cajun Babies

Just like crabs or crawfish, babies are boiled alive! You don?t need silverware, the hot spicy meat comes off in your hands.

6 live babies 1 lb. smoked sausage 4 lemons whole garlic 2 lb. new potatoes 4 ears corn 1 box salt crab boil

Bring 3 gallons of water to a boil. Add sausage, salt, crab boil, lemons and garlic. Drop potatoes in, boil for 4 minutes. Corn is added next, boil an additional 11 minutes. Put the live babies into the boiling water and cover. Boil till meat comes off easily with a fork.

Oven-Baked Baby-Back Ribs

Beef ribs or pork ribs can be used in this recipe, and that is exactly what your dinner guests will assume! An excellent way to expose the uninitiated to this highly misunderstood yet succulent source of protein.

2 human baby rib racks 3 cups barbecue sauce or honey glaze (see index) Salt black pepper white pepper paprika

Remove the silverskin by loosening from the edges, then stripping off. Season generously, rubbing the mixture into the baby?s flesh. Place 1 quart water in a baking pan, the meat on a wire rack. Bake uncovered in 250° oven for 1½ hours. When browned, remove and glaze, return to oven and bake 20 minutes more to form a glaze. Cut ribs into individual pieces and serve with extra sauce.

Fresh Sausage

If it becomes necessary to hide the fact that you are eating human babies, this is the perfect solution. But if you are still paranoid, you can substitute pork butt.

5 lb. lean chuck roast 3 lb. prime baby butt 2 tablespoons each: salt black, white and cayenne peppers celery salt garlic powder parsley flakes brown sugar 1 teaspoon sage 2 onions 6 cloves garlic bunch green onions, chopped

Cut the child

Reply to
ironrod

Pretty sharp.... I imagine you could also use one of the transmitters like new parents use to monitor the baby's room. Make it 2 way, and if someone is there, do like I did with some crack heads. They parked on the street behind my back yard and I could tell by the flare of the lighters what they were doing... so I slipped out back and up to the fence and said, "I hope that was really good sh*t 'cause I just called the cops and that's probably the last hit you'll have for quite a while." The next sounds heard were slamming doors and peeling tires as they flipped a u turn and ran for the hills.

I also like the >After someone broke into my convertible many years I installed a paging