This could easily apply to speeding and street racing

Is penning people in like cattle and monitoring their every move a good idea? You'll save a handful of lives (maybe) out of the 25,000 who die on roads each year due to other reasons from texting morons to red-light runners. Street racing and speeding deaths are as blown out of proportion as the swine flu threat, with similar comparative numbers.

British politician:

Shadow justice secretary Dominic Grieve also spoke to the London audience, arguing that the government's desire to control risk in society was "destroying our quality of life".

"We have to accept that society and life carries risk and whilst it is the duty of the state to do its best to moderate and prevent what is wrong, nevertheless there are finite limits," he said.

"We, as citizens, have to make this clear to government, we are prepared consciously as adults to accept some element of risk in order to be free."

Reply to
Rich

Too bad there are not more politicians like that guy.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I seems most of them have been purchased by those who would rather see the population treated as livestock or some other form of animal.

Reply to
Brent

Rich has an agenda.... always has...

The big problem is that the Brits are talking about you accepting the risks of your actions....

Rich is talking about US accepting the risks of HIS actions....

Context means a lot...

Reply to
Jim Warman