Time to take off the tinfoil hats

Okay, for those of you out there still concerned about Horsepowered.com and their alleged "stealing" of your posts, or them inflating their post counts, or alleged future deception of investors/advertisers for their site, or the any number of other baseless claims that have been made......I just went to their site and found the following.

--- Under "Forums", they have links to many different subjects. One of these is marked "Usenet", and has a disclaimer next to it that says "The GUESTS in these discussions are not members of HorsePowered". So, in actuality they are not deceiving anyone - even potential investors/advertisers. Anyone reading this would quickly get the point that the Usenet feed is not part of, and should be subtracted from, their regular post count on their forum.

Any investor/advertiser worth his salt, and with half a brain, is going to perform due diligence and discover this.

--- A quick perusal of the Usenet feed on Horsepowered revealed that they DO include negative posts about HP.com. Included in these is that silly, and completely worthless, disclaimer that some of you choose to put in your sig. Granted, they may not include every single post, but they are not excluding every post that has something negative to say about their site....or even them personally.

Overall, it looks like they are starting to put together a pretty solid Mustang site that I will be happy to patonize from time to time for information and help. I look forward to seeing what they have to offer in the future.....and hope they do eventually grow to be able to get some advertisers.

It's really too bad that Bill S had to do his war dance/tantrum before giving their site administrator a chance to straighten things out....spouting legalities along with veiled, and not-so-veiled, threats of lawsuits and the like is no way to get a relationship going with like-minded individuals. In the end, he only caused animosity towards a site that only wants to be a part of a growing Mustang community. Sad, that.

Iggy '01 Dyna Super Glide '96 Mustang GT Convertible Keep your powder dry and don't let your meat-loaf. :o)

Reply to
SRQEagan

If you are really looking for information there are FAR better Mustang sites than Horespowered or even Usenet. A quick Google search will yield plenty of MATURE forums with serious and informed users. It doesn't make much sense going to a startup for real information.

LJH

95GT

future.....and

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

Here is what I said, Larry:

Anyway, I never said theirs was the only site I would go to for info.

They are only starting out....by your reasoning the other more established sites are the be-all and end-all of Mustang related info and are the only ones to offer any "real" help? I shouldn't patronize their site at all because they haven't "matured" yet? Nonsense.

Corral.net, etc. had to start from scratch as well at some point didn't they?

Iggy '01 Dyna Super Glide '96 Mustang GT Convertible Keep your powder dry and don't let your meat-loaf. :o)

Reply to
SRQEagan

I agree with you Iggy. I have the up-most respect for the members of this group and I am a little surprised that this got so intense. I joined HP before all this crap hit the fan and I must admit feeling guilty at first....but then I woke up and realized that the web is whatever I make of it.

BTW, Horsepower has locked the usenet feed so their members cannot post. They are also not the only forum to take a feed from here, A quick search revealed this

I'm sure I could find many more if I had the time. I am not trying to defend them nor am I going to remove my membership just because they display a usenet feed into their forums. I like the group. Sorry if that angers the members of this forum, that's the last thing I want to do....I like to talk about drag racing my Mustang and it is not a hot topic in this newsgroup.

-- Buzz Haze-Ottawa ON

87 5.0 LX Coupe

future.....and

Reply to
Buzz Haze

I went to the site you listed and I noticed they don't delete threads. They let them all show which IMO is something horsepowered should emulate.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

What I said was that IF you want INFORMATION there are lots BETTER places to go. I stand by every word.

Personally, I would not waste a minute of my time on ANY start-up Mustang site when there are a lot of proven sites with a wealth of QUALITY information.

You, of course, are free to use your time however you wish.

LJH

95GT

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

Oh, I'm sure you will.....instead of trying to solve the problem. Like I said, you'll continue to piss and moan in here. But, by your logic repeating the same misinformation will magically make it right.

Oh, I did. And the reasons are as stated above....boy that comprehension problem is a degenerative one, isn't it?

Iggy '01 Dyna Super Glide '96 Mustang GT Convertible Keep your powder dry and don't let your meat-loaf. :o)

Reply to
SRQEagan

Sick of the post mortems or should we just keep flogging this dead horse. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

It doesn't make it wrong either. As for the pissing and moaning, who started this thread?

Not as bad a problem as the hypocrisy concept apparently is for you get a mental grip on.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

A few more threads and we can make sausage out of this dead horse. :)

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

None involved.

Wow, do you even know what words mean? Or do you just bandy them about and try to sound like you know what you're talking about?

Iggy '01 Dyna Super Glide '96 Mustang GT Convertible Keep your powder dry and don't let your meat-loaf. :o)

Reply to
SRQEagan

Why don't we give everyone here a break and let this die. I won't start any more threads on the topic. Can you do the same?

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Whoa, let's not go too far now! Just the title of this thread made me smile thinking of Joaquin Phoenix and the 2 kids wearing their tinfoil hats in Signs. :-)

Seriously though, I'm all for dropping the "Us vs. Them" threads/posts enough bandwidth has been wasted already.

bill

64.5: 260, 3 sp, a/c, SVO cam, Performer, Holley 390, Pertronix, Hi-Po exhaust, 1.5" front & 1" rear drop, Jacobs wires, Torq D's

66: '93 5.0, C4, a/c, ps, Performer RPM, Holley 600, Pertronix, bench seat

Colt SP1,Sig P220, Moss. 590A1, Marlin 70P

Reply to
bill

I just watched that movie for the upteenth time the other night. They looked like humans with a Hershey's Kiss for a head.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

SRQ your statement is not relevant as the forums have been changed since the complaints were made and as a direct result of the complaints. Kinda like getting caught with your hand in the cookie jar, dropping the cookies back in and stating see nothing wrong!

future.....and

Reply to
Sauger

Same here, Buzz. I saw you joined that forum a while back and I thought no less of you for it. In fact, good for you!

Cindy

Reply to
Cindy