Trans fluid smell inside after change

I changed out my ATF a month ago (manual trans on 2000 GT).
Don't think I put in too much since I let the excess drain out of the
top hole while the car was flat. All the bolts are super tight. No sign of leaks around the shifter.
For some reason, there is a very strong smell of ATF inside the car, especially when the top is down. Initially I thought it was the fluid that spilled on the exhaust during change, but this should have burned off already. Any ideas?
Thanks Mark
Mark G7#9 wrote:

I would give the drive train a good cleaning with Simple Green followed by a rinse, avoiding the obvious, alternator, fuse box and ignition. Most stuff under the hood is pretty water tight but I always follow up with the air hose, especially the spark plug areas.