Hey Brent

When you did your wiper switch repair did you have to do anything to disable the air bag? I bought a new switch and am going to install it but am wary of the air bag ?

Dave

Reply to
Deputy Dog

You don't have to touch the airbag at all. you just need to remove the cover from the steering column. It's held together with screws from underneath and a couple of snaps. The tricky part is removing the ignition. Disconnect the battery and put the key in and turn it to run. There is a hole in the cover underneath where you can put a rod in there and depress a detent on the ignition switch and pull it out. I think the last time I did it I used a 3mm P-handle hex wrench from my bicycle tools.

Reply to
Brent

Sounds easy enough,

Thanks, Dave