transmission problems

I have a 2000 mustang gt and I have replaced the engine 3 years ago with a brand new one. Now I've been having problems with my transmission. The car is being worked on now. I've been told it is full of metal and clutch. It's an automatic. I got my price this morning on getting the trans rebuilt. They told me 2662.98. Is that a right qoute or could I get it done cheaper than that? Please help! I don't want to have to spend that much if I can get done else where for cheaper.

Reply to
Tasha

For about $1,600 Jegs will ship you a new Streetfighter trans. Better than new. R&R shouldn't cost more than $300??? $2,700 is probably a rebuilt unit directly from Ford. I'd look around a little more and see what you can get after market.

Reply to
.boB

Just cause they found some crap on the magnet doesn't mean the thing is a total loss. Around here $1000-$1200 is typical for a carry in and $1400-$1600 for a drive in.

Shop around.

Reply to
deadcarnahans